Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Are dogs intelligent, or is my dog just different?

I've never had a dog before, but i know people who do. Every person i know have dogs, and the owner is forever telling me that they're nuisances, idiots, complete & utter morons & brainless. So i never really wanted a dog, but then i fell in love. His name is banjo, hes 2 years old, a male bordercollie, and i am almost knocked back at how intelligent he really is. I tell him to do something, and he goes and does it without a fuss. I taught him what each toy was called, in a really short time, and now he brings me any toy i ask. If i tell him, 'banjo, bear', he goes off and finds me his teddy bear. He even has a hannah montana doll (and its his favorite toy of all LOL), and i say, 'banjo, miley', and he goes and finds her (usually shes nearby his bed, creepy much?). I tell him 'wee-wees', and go 'psss' with my mouth, and he goes and does it. Its like his a robot or something. i do have to reward him however. But is my dog gifted or something? People tell me that i should get him into commercials, because not only is he smart, but everybody says hes extremely good looking, photogenic AND loves his photo taken (he actually poses, and will stare into the camera lens until i say he can move haha). The thing is i have NO idea how to do that. do dogs have agents? Anyways just wondering why mine is so intelligent. And if its common i guess. I like to think that i played a part in his smartness by my amazing training skills, haha, but maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment