Saturday, July 16, 2011

If my whole family is alumni, Is it easier for me to get in?

My mother, father, uncles, aunts, everybody went to Michigan State. We used to live down to road from the campus, but my mom, dad, and I moved to California a couple of years ago. I am looking at going to an in-state university and study veterinary science and then apply to Michigan State to get my graduate degree in Veterinary Science (DVM) to become a Veterinarian. Because there is only 28 veterinary schools, admissions is very very competitive and Michigan State ranks in the top 10 of the 28 veterinary schools. If I do well in my undergraduate studies and apply to Michigan State, will my families history with the university have any effect on their decision? Almost everyone in my family went to this college, would I have any advantages?

No comments:

Post a Comment