Thursday, July 14, 2011

How to get rid of overprotective "helicopter" parents?

that's pretty much how my parents are. I am not going to college yet, I'm 17, but for example, this weekend, I am to do nothing but work. which is the same as last weekend. and the one before that. etc. I am not allowed to do anything without being told specifically that I may do it, and even my computer use on MY computer is monitored and limited. for example, 5/6 of the internet is blocked and I may not play any of my steam games, as my dad wants to be able to use my account whenever he wishes, which he might not be able to do if I was able to use my own property. my advice is just to do it. forget what they say, and do what you wish, now that you are (probably) a legal adult. If you don't escape now, it will be harder later.

No comments:

Post a Comment