Sunday, July 10, 2011

Are there any other inactive Jehovahs Witnesses out there that are content with being inactive?

I love Jehovah, and belive the Bible is His inspired word, I see that hell in the Bible is the grave, and that the scriptures reveal God is one, Jesus is His Son, and that the spirit is His power. I also believe the earth is man's home, and that only the anointed are going to heaven to rule over the earth in Christ's Kingdom. The Bible Students also believe these things but don't put all the rules and requirements that the faith I was raised in does. They believe the restoration work will be available to all mankind after armageddon, which according to Pastor Russell, will be God's cleansing the earth of institutions and goverments that impede mankind's aspiration to righteousness, and not the destruction of the wicked (ie. non-Witnesses) into second death. They believe mankind will recieve opportunity to live forever during Christ's reign. This makes sense to me. How could one who is not a Witness die now, before armageddon, and recieve an opportunity to live forever in paradise, yet that same person, in the Watchtower's view, lives on, dies at armageddon, and recieves the second death without opportunity? This is the view, currently, and I reject it. I see no need to go out to save people, when in reality they will recieve opporutunity to live forever during Christ's reign. Is it just me? This is no whim, I've researched extensively, 12 years in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment