Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Need help dealing with my boyfriend's anxiety issues?

My boyfriend has recently been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and i'm finding it hard to deal with. He gets hyper sensitive when i tell him he's upset/annoyed me by doing something. He gets really upset and says he can't deal with me saying things like that to him yet i don't see why i should stifle my feelings just to protect his. I do try and be sensitive about it but he takes criticism so badly. I also find it strange how his anxiety doesn't affect things like going out or drinking! It always seems to come up when we argue, though he gets stressed about work too. I don't know how to deal with it. I really care about him and want to help but i want my feelings to be heard too! Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment